Friday, June 7, 2013

Trigger Warning- Possible Ausome Overload!

I've been thinking... everyone is always on,and on about how great Beans is. He is truly loved. At home, or at school (where he is s favorite for sure!) he is truly valued. Bubby is, too. I thought it would be nice to share a positive post about the awesome side of autism. My life may not be as planned, and it may not always be easy, but I am grateful for what I have, and I intend to make the best of life. I don't have time for pity parties. Some days, it's hard, and that's okay. I know that there is always a corner coming to turn. I let myself feel down when I need to, and pick it all back up when I'm ready.  

So, here is my ausome household.


Bubby with his Minecraft picaxe

Beans doing his Lite-brite

Beans walking to the park


Beans

Bubby playing games

And, CJ- to add a little bit of dyslexia to keep things neurodiverse






12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family you have! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A positive about autism... When an autistic child loves you, they love you period, no if's, and's or but's. I remember the first few weeks working with Ian. He tested, prodded, ignored, and gave me those, "You're weird, Lady" looks. Then, one day, he decided that I wasn't so bad... lol. He lifts my heart up. He is a great kid, a surfer boy in the middle of the great plains, a kid who's smile lights up the room, who's eyes glint with mischief and who has that little, snarky laugh when he knows that he's won. He has an inner will made of iron, and is so smart. He is an incredible kid. Thank you for sharing him with me. It has been one of the best years I can remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that he spreads so much joy to others. :) He totally has a will of iron. You get when to push, and when to let him be. That's important. I wish all ASD kids could get the same treatment as he does at school. They all deserve to feel special.

      Delete
  3. Another positive about autism...my son had more strength and courage than any adult I've ever met, and he never even knew it. Every single obstacle put in his path, he overcame. I think autistic children and adults have to have more strength of will, courage, determination and dedication because what others would find easy and natural to accomplish, those with autism often have to fight a battle to achieve. Everything from communication, to motor skills, social connections and responses, dealing with emotions and understanding other people's emotions. These are things most find natural, but those who are autistic have to actually WORK at, which just makes the successes that much more valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful post! A lot of "Ausomeness" going on here. :-) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed its hard sometimes but E is loved fiercely by everyone...here's to ausomeness

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to follow all comments to this post, please click the 'subscribe by email' link under the comment box. I always reply to every post, and appreciate all feedback. If you have issues getting your comment to post you can email me your comment at inneraspie@yahoo.com. Blogger sometimes loses a comment when the user goes to post, so it is always advisable to highlight and copy your text before hitting the post button.