Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sensory Friendly Cooking on a Budget- Garlic Bread

Today's post is continuation of sensory friendly cooking on a budget series.  This idea is a simple, but effective one that gets a couple of my picky eaters buy in on meals that are less than fab to their taste buds.

It's garlic bread! 

Here's my basic recipe:


I take regular bread, and pop it into the toaster, then butter like any other toast. I often will use white bread for meals like this, but I prefer to use whole wheat bread for everything else. I can buy a loaf of white bread at Walmart for 88 cents.  This is inexpensive way to expand a small meal for a little bit of money.

After you butter the toast the rest is up to you, and the flavor you're going for. I typically find that a sprinkle of garlic salt, and parsley covers most flavors well.  Sometimes, I add basil, or oregano, as well.  The ideas are endless with this simple starting point.

I always cut the toast after seasoning it into thirds.  You don't have to do this, but it seems to be more bread stick- like when you do this, as well as  it looks fancier, and there;s something about food looking better that makes it taste better.


1 comment:

  1. Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice at the same time as you amend your site, how
    could i subscribe for a weblog website? The account helped me a acceptable deal.
    I have been tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast offered brilliant transparent idea

    Feel free to surf to my web page :: bet angel

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to follow all comments to this post, please click the 'subscribe by email' link under the comment box. I always reply to every post, and appreciate all feedback. If you have issues getting your comment to post you can email me your comment at inneraspie@yahoo.com. Blogger sometimes loses a comment when the user goes to post, so it is always advisable to highlight and copy your text before hitting the post button.