Saturday, September 1, 2012

Character Defined- More Than Just #Aspergers

I just wanted to share this photo I made. Not because I think it's particularly spectacular, or anything. It's more because of what it represents to me. It's about me as a whole person. It's about letting out my Inner Aspie, but doing so in a way that shows me as a unique character. I am more than just Asperger's, a mom, or a wife. I am unique, as everyone is. I thought it would be nice to honor the me that I tend to neglect in my everyday transactions with others by trying to think of characteristics that represent who I am. This photo is what I came up with.

I also found (thanks to a commenter below) a cool site to do a sort of interactive personality inventory. Mine is here on this blog on the left hand side or you can go view it here: My Johari Window. You can also do one that is more about our negative traits. Mine is here My Nohari Window. You can also do one for yourself. 

 What characteristics do you possess? What words describe you that are independent of your relationships, or neurological differences?


7 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea for self-exploration! I love lables, systems, categories. It challenges me to think outside of the order I have imposed upon myself.

    I am going to undertake the challenge you present and see how I can describe myself beyond my roles.

    After some contemplation, I will get back to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to hearing what you come up with!

      Delete
  2. A fun way to do this is using a johari window. It shows what you know about yourself, what others know about you, what you know that others don't and what others know that you don't. It's often very enlightening.
    There's one for character-building (negative is the wrong word)traits too. A nohari window.
    Google and you should be able to find the interface. I did it myself maybe 10 years ago, it was every interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is so cool! I'm gonna edit this post and add my Johari Window.

      Delete
  3. Love it... and now I need to google "nohari window" too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted my results on the left hand side of the page toward the bottom. Feel free to add your votes if you know me!

      Delete
  4. I just loved it that how you describe yourself

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to follow all comments to this post, please click the 'subscribe by email' link under the comment box. I always reply to every post, and appreciate all feedback. If you have issues getting your comment to post you can email me your comment at inneraspie@yahoo.com. Blogger sometimes loses a comment when the user goes to post, so it is always advisable to highlight and copy your text before hitting the post button.