Sunday, November 27, 2011

Time Magazine's December Issue

Just a quick post on something I found that made my jaw drop.....
While most of you argue about whether the Obama's will put up a Christmas tree, or what the Kardashian's are doing now, or who said what faux paux at the latest debates one thing is for certain.  All these petty issues that the media keeps bringing up and putting in our face with a solid 24 hour news feed is designed to keep us focused on inconsequential things.  Our attention is on the drama that the news networks sell us, and we lap it like a soap opera thirsty audience we are. 

For anyone who thinks our media is free and unbiased in the United States, I present you our current Time magazine cover:




Now, I will show to you Europe's , Asia, and the South Pacific:



See the difference?  One is about how fear can be a good thing. The other is about a revolution where the people of a country seek true democracy from their oppressive government.  Wonder why the media here doesn't want us to see this? 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, very nice comparison. I like the way you think. I'm not, however, going to say our government likes to keep us pacified, and doesn't want us to challenge the status quo. No, I'm not going to say that.

    Just popped over from Confessions of An Asperger's Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol And I won't say that our own apathy makes it too easy. After all, these pics were from Time Magazine's site.

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to follow all comments to this post, please click the 'subscribe by email' link under the comment box. I always reply to every post, and appreciate all feedback. If you have issues getting your comment to post you can email me your comment at inneraspie@yahoo.com. Blogger sometimes loses a comment when the user goes to post, so it is always advisable to highlight and copy your text before hitting the post button.