Thursday, January 16, 2014

Inner Aspie is No More!

I'm sure that many of you have already noticed that I have changed my FB page to Thoughts of an Introverted Matriarch.  Now, it's time to change this blog, as well.

I have been moving away from the term 'aspie' for awhile, and am wanting to incorporate a broader theme to my writing. You might have noticed that I am blogging about recipes, and other topics in addition to autism lately.
  I am still wanting to be be an autism blogger, but I am feeling a little stale only writing about autism related topics.  I am wanting to branch out, and pursue my other interests, and thoughts about life in general. I toyed with the idea of opening up another blog to direct my other interests, but I simply don't feel like I can keep up with more than one at this time.  I am having trouble keeping up with just one, to be honest! As with most of us, my life is about more than just autism. My blog exists to be a sort of electronic journal that I share with thousands of people. :) I am sharing with all of you what it is like to be me, and what I think about life, and most of all what I create. When I post a recipe that might capture a different demographic those people get a little glimpse of the life of an autistic woman when they visit my blog. I see it as a win-win.

Some of you are probably wondering why I chose the name I did. First of all, I really wanted to get away from the word aspie, as it really isn't descriptive of anything besides my diagnosis. One that is not even in the DSM anymore. Neither of my boys have the same one.  They both hold the diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder. I am just ready to talk about autism as a broader, more encompassing subject than I was couple yrs ago when I began this blog.

I am ready to talk about me, and my life beyond how it relates to autism.  I am wanting to discuss how I see the world, and what I think of everyday subjects, as a writer, woman, mother, wife, and person.  I love doing fun, stay at home activities like baking, and such.  I am cheap, or ahem.. frugal... I think it is called now.  I am bossy, and intellectually leaning toward debates with the best argue makers.  I love to dissect the why, and wheres, and whats of every subject. I always have a thought about everything, and I want to look at it from every angle.  I also have another Facebook page about charity, paying it forward, and little things that brighten up a person's day. I believe we all can make a difference.  It doesn't have to be only in notable grand gestures. I am also an atheist, though I don't talk about that as much.  It doesn't tend to be a discussion I find relevant to most topics.  After all, I believe we are the sum of our actions, not our beliefs. What I believe means little compared to what I do, and I try to always make those actions kind. I guess I am too busy doing to be talking about what is right, and wrong in regards to ethics, and religion.

And, finally there has been more diagnosis's added to my household that I have not spoken about, mostly because they are not mine. I am reevaluating how much of a right that I have to speak about other family member's private lives in such a public manner. It's said that the internet is forever, and their future should not be determined by my online blabber, so I am choosing to keep private matters private for right now, until such time that I get permission to do differently.

This last year (in particular the last 6 months) has been a huge roller coaster ride for me, and my family. We have faced challenges, and then more challenges.  I am still holding on, and standing straight. I do it with quite strength the way I do everything.  I'm not just a stay at home mom. My kids are beyond the fun elementary age.  I don't organize play dates, and crayons anymore.  I manage the loving chaos of my ever changing, unique household.

Sincerely,

The Introverted Matriarch


2 comments:

If you'd like to follow all comments to this post, please click the 'subscribe by email' link under the comment box. I always reply to every post, and appreciate all feedback. If you have issues getting your comment to post you can email me your comment at inneraspie@yahoo.com. Blogger sometimes loses a comment when the user goes to post, so it is always advisable to highlight and copy your text before hitting the post button.