Friday, April 5, 2013

Revisiting an Old Special Interest-RIP Kurt Cobain

Nirvana was one of my first, and definitely the strongest to date of my special interests. I typically didn't speak to many people as a teenager. It was such a tumultuous time for me. Full of misunderstandings, and parents that couldn't, wouldn't and didn't want to deal with my differences. The subject of music, particularly Kurt Cobain was always a way for people to get me engaged in conversation with them. When my husband had long hair he strongly resembled Cobain. This is how far my special interest went! Nirvana's music got me through a lot of hard times, and for that I am grateful.  Hard to believe it now, but today marks the 19th anniversary of Kurt's tragic passing. In remembrance I share with you my favorite Nirvana song: Lithium- "I'm so happy, because today I found my friends. They're in my head"



2 comments:

  1. Nirvana was one of the bands that I listened to repeatedly. "Nevermind" got me through some hard, lonely times. I still have several magazines that had him on the cover after he was gone.

    Thanks for sharing! Love this song! :-)



    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one magazine, with the article about when he died that I saved. My daughter has it hanging in her room now. I used to have my walls plastered with posters, and pictures of my fave bands. I collected so many. Wish I had pictured of the collection I used to have.

    Thanks for sharing your experience with me!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to follow all comments to this post, please click the 'subscribe by email' link under the comment box. I always reply to every post, and appreciate all feedback. If you have issues getting your comment to post you can email me your comment at inneraspie@yahoo.com. Blogger sometimes loses a comment when the user goes to post, so it is always advisable to highlight and copy your text before hitting the post button.